TREATMENTS AVAILABLE AT DR. KOTHIWALA’S SKINEVA CLINIC FOR MANAGEMENT OF OILY SKIN, UNEVEN TONE, OPEN PORES, ACNE AND HYPERHIDROSIS:
- Comedone extraction: Comedones (blackheads or whiteheads) if left untreated, can get infected and advance to next stage of acne ie. papules (small red tender bumps). At this stage the time treatment and resolution significantly. The best way to treat comedones is to mechanically extract them. Which is called, “Comedone extraction “The process involves using a tool called as “Comedone extractor” to apply pressure around the Comedone, to release its contents. When done by trained hands, can effectively treat and help you get rid of them.
- Clean-ups and Medifacials: Dermal therapies include clean-ups and Medi-facials,HydraFacial and Oxygeneo facial. These are most effective, hygienic and medically sound facials. They deeply clean, exfoliate, rejuvenate and hydrate. Packed with nutrients and essential oils and customized for the individual skin type, these are designed to encourage healthy, glowing and vibrant skin. Highly recommended for oily,acne-prone, dull, dehydrated and sun-tanned For optimal results, one therapy should be taken every 3-4 weeks.
- Carbon facial: A facial that comes all the way from Asia, Carbon facial, also known as charcoal facial or charcoal peel, is a revolutionary non-invasive laser treatment that leaves the skin brighter, softer, firmer and smoother. The treatment helps to reduce skin imperfections and enlarged pores. The reduction in pore size and a superior clean provide the smooth porcelain like results, which is why it is popularly known as China Doll Facial. It is highly beneficial for people with oily skin, blackheads, enlarged pores, dull skin, and acne on the face or body. It is also an excellent way to exfoliate and refresh your skin, providing an instant refreshed appearance.
The benefits of Carbon facial include:
- Removes dead skin cells from the superficial epidermal layer
- Clears and tighten pores to help reduce blackheads and whiteheads
- Reduces acne, scars and post-acne discoloration
- Restores skin integrity and radiance
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Stimulates collagen growth
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Chemical peels: Chemical peeling is a treatment that increases the skin cell turnover, removing the outer layers of dead, dull, blemished and wrinkled skin to reveal underlying fresher and younger looking skin. It can be performed on face, neck, chest, back, hands and even arm and legs.
Peels effectively work on the following conditions:
- Various forms of pigmentation like melasma, freckles, age spots, suntan, PIH, lentigines.
- Acne and acne marks
- Fine lines and wrinkles.
- For improving the tone and texture of dull and rough skin.
- To give skin overall healthy, hydrated and youthful glow.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion (MDA) or skin polishing is a non-surgical procedure offering safe and controlled skin abrasion. It skilfully removes outermost layer of dead skin revealing fresher and brighter looking skin. It is safe lunchtime procedure with no downtime.
Following are thebenefits of MDA
- Brightens complexion
- Refines pores
- Evens out skin tone
- Improves skin texture
- Improve the skin tanning
- Lighten marks and spots
- Help skincare products to absorb more and work better
- Microneedling and PRP treatment:Microneedling also known as collagen induction therapy (CIT) or percutaneous collagen induction (PCT), is a minimally invasive procedure that uses insertion of fine, short needles on “Dermaroller” or “Dermapen”, to rejuvenate your skin or scalp.
Here atDr.Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic, we use a state of an art, highly advanced version of Derma penthat is “DERMAPEN 4”. It is the latest, original and most widely used Microneedling device worldwide.Derma pen 4 kit comes with special dermaceuticals, which when combined with the treatment enhance the results to manifold.
Microneedling is used as a treatment in following summer skin problems:
- Skin rejuvenation
- Open pores
- Uneven skin tone
- Reduced skin elasticity
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- PRP Therapy: PRP or Platelet-rich plasma is a concentrate of platelet-rich protein that has been harvested from the patient’s own blood by using the centrifugation technique. Platelets are cells present in blood that help in tissue repair and growth of new cells. When skin is treated with PRP, it promotes tissue regeneration and collagen growth. This leads to skin tightening, smoothing and brightening. It improves the skin tone and texture and refines pore size and gives an overall healthy and rejuvenated look. Platelets are also known to be a reservoir of growth factors that stimulate tissue recovery by increasing blood flow and cytokines. When the scalp is treated with PRP, it enhances hair follicle function and improves hair density and quality and decreases hair fall.
Here atDr.Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic:
- PRP is combined with Microneedling for enhanced results.
- PRP is prepared by Remi’s PRP PLUS, the most advanced centrifuge machine, with inbuilt temperature control to avoid thermal damage of platelets in PRP.
- Pixel CO2 rejuvenation: Pixel CO2 Laser has been known to provide some of the most dramatic, age-defying results in the treatment of challenging skin imperfections including wrinkles, fine lines, photodamage, uneven skin tone skin laxity, scar treatment, skin tags, and benign tumor We use, the world’s leading ALMA PIXEL CO2 laser for the treatment.Pixel CO2 is highly versatile and precise and promises excellent results while minimizing unnecessary tissue damage. The Pixel CO2 laser is used to resurface the skin on the face and body and is an optimal solution for reducing the appearance of scars. By penetrating the skin with thermal microchannels, the healing process is jump-started, while surrounding tissues are left undisturbed.
Pixel CO2 provides a complete, minimally invasive solution for some of summer skin concerns like:
- Skin Resurfacing
- Reduction in pore size
- Skin Tightening
- Skin Rejuvenation
Here at Dr.Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic:
- Botox for Hyperhidrosis: Botox temporarily blocks the nerves that contribute to excessive sweating. Botox injections are directly administered into areas of increased sweating after determining the exact sites. The treatment can be a bit painful and must be repeated in 6-12 months.