Blue Light/Red Light
Blue light/Red light
- More than 3.5 million men & women had cosmetic Botulinum injections in 2013
- Results typically last 3 to 6 months
- Patients can return to daily activities immediately after treatment
- In addition to wrinkles, Botulinum injectables can treat excessive sweating, neck bands & more
LED (Light emitting diode) therapy is a procedure which uses light of various wavelengths like red and blue for treatment of various skin conditions like acne, age spots and aging. It can be performed on entire body, but is generally used for face, neck and trunk.
What are the types of LED therapy?
LED therapy can be classified into following types:
- RED light therapy
- Blue light therapy
- Green light therapy
Which conditions can LED therapy treat?
RED LIGHT THERAPY (RLT)
Red lightwhen applied on the skin is absorbed by uppermost layer of the skin (epidermis) where it stimulates collagen production, improves circulation and reduces inflammation. It also enhances the function of cell’s energy carrying molecule i.e. Mitochondria and improves cellular energy. It is used in treatment of following conditions:
- Age spots
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Providing healthy glow to the skin
- Hair growth
BLUE LIGHT THERAPY (BLT)
Blue light therapy targets oil or sebaceous glands of skin. It is absorbed by these glands and leads to decrease in their secretions. Blue light also has antimicrobial activity. Blue light therapy is FDA approved for Acne treatment. Blue light is anti-inflammatory and decreases cytokinin production.Following skin conditions are benefited by blue light therapy:
- Balancing sebum production
- Improve healing of burns
- Psoriasis and keratosis
- Atopic dermatitis
GREEN LIGHT THERAPY
Green light therapy balances, restores and calms the skin, reduces redness and inflammation and brings organs and body systems to balance. It promotes the healing mechanism of the skin and rejuvenates it.Following are the conditions which can benefit by use of green light therapy:
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH)
- Sagging skin
- Dark circles
What should I expect during the procedure?
The procedure involves exposing the treatment area to the specific light for certain duration of time. It is a lunchtime procedure and takes about 20-30 minutes.Several sessions are required for noticeable benefits.
What are the advantages of using LED therapy?
There are following advantages attributed to use of LED therapy:
- They are safe: As they do not contain UV rays, they are safe to use and do not cause any long-term skin damage.
- They are suitable for dark and sensitive skin types unlike many other procedures.
- It is drug free
- They do not burn the skin.
- It is a pain free procedure.
- There no down time and you can immediately return to your work.
What are the possible side effects of LED therapy?
Side effects can include:
- Increased inflammation
For more information on Blue Light/Red Light or to inquire about other services please contact us on 7726938335.
Book An Appointment
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Hair Transplant Surgeon
With more than a decade of experience including postgraduation from AIIMS & experience of SMS Hospital make,Dr. Sunil Kothiwala one of best dermatologist & cosmetologist in Jaipur. Renowned for delivering the highest level of quality care for patients in the fields of dermatology and cosmetology.