- More than 3.5 million men & women had cosmetic Botulinum injections in 2013
- Results typically last 3 to 6 months
- Patients can return to daily activities immediately after treatment
- In addition to wrinkles, Botulinum injectables can treat excessive sweating, neck bands & more
What are open pores?
Our skin contains numerous of pores. These are open and allow the skin to breathe. Every pore contains hair follicle and oil glands (sebaceous glands). Sebum produced by these glands naturally lubricates our skin. These glands are most abundantly found on face, neck, chest and groin, that’s why open pores are most visible in these areas.
What are the causes of open pores?
Though open pores are normally found on skin, following may be the causes of large-looking open pores:
- Increased sebum/oil production
- Hormonal disturbances
- Thick hair follicles
- Persistence of blackhead/whitehead for long
- Over exposure to sun
- Reduced elasticity around pores due to skin aging
Are open pores good?
Open pores are not a medical concern but may take a toll on appearance of your skin. Skin can look dull and rough due to them. Open pores if not cleaned properly can get clogged with dirt, oil and dead cells leading to formation of white heads and black heads. These further may get infected and develop into acne.
How can I get rid of open pores?
You cannot and you would not want to. Skin perspires to cool down and excretes wastes through these pores, secretes sebum which is important for normal functioning of skin. Those open pores which become large and clogged with dirt giving an unsightly appearance, we can target to:
- Keep them clean.
- Prevent them to enlarge.
- Opt for treatments which make them look smaller.
What are the treatments for open pores?
As now you know that open pores can’t be either opened or closed, can only be cleaned and treated to make them appear small. Here are your options:
- A. Clean ups and Medifacials
- When open pores become clogged with dirt and dead cells, they become more visible. So, keeping them clean is the key to minimize their appearance. At our clinic, array of medical grade clean-up and Medifacials are available, which are designed to suit every skin type. They deeply clean your pores, hydrate them, infuse them with essential nutrients. Result: Your skin feels clean, clear and smooth, in this45-60 minutes regime, while you feel pampered and relaxed. We recommend that you go for such exfoliating procedure at least once a month.
- B. Carbon Facial
- Carbon facial is a type of laser facial in a thin layer of charcol is applied all over face followed by laser passes. It includes 1-3 passes of different modes of laser which results in glow, cleaning of skin and reduction of size of open pores. It prevent the progression of formation of new oen pores because charcol heating helps in reducing oil secretion axctivity of skin.
- C. Chemical peels
- These are gel or liquid based and are applied directly on skin. They cause the topmost layer of skin to exfoliate and slough off. This process removes all dirt, debris and dead skin, and reveals fresher and smoother skin from within. They also reduce oil production from skin pores. All of this leads to reduce the appearance of open pores.
- D. Microneedling
- This process is very effective in tightening the pores. It not only tightens pores but, it also improves the overall texture of the skin and refines it appearance. The process uses microneedles to stimulate collagen production.
- E. PRP therapy
- PRP refers to platelet rich plasma. PRP Therapy consists of drawing your blood, and processing PRP from it. PRP is rich in growth factors and has remarkable regenerative healing and regenerative powers. It is injected into the area of open pores to stimulate cell regeneration and rejuvenation, which improves the appearance of skin, refining the open pores. PRP therapy is generally used in combination with miconeedling to enhance the treatment results.
- F. Laser resurfacing
- This is considered the Gold standard for treatment of open pores. Laser light penetrates the Dermis and causes collagen remodelling. At our clinic we use ALMA CO2 PIXEL LASER, which is FDA approved and is best suited for Indian skin. The Pixel CO2 laser, fractionates or pixelates the laser beam into thousands of tiny shafts of light. These tiny shafts of light penetrate the deeper layers of the skin. These tiny shafts of damaged skin tissues are readily replaced by our natural wound healing mechanism, renewing the skin texture and minimizing the pores in the process. Due to the thermal effect on the surrounding area, the collagen shrinks, leading to skin tightening effect.
How do you get rid of open pores naturally?
Following these tips to reduce the appearance of open pores:
- Keep you skin clean and clear by regular clean-ups and Medifacials.
- Wear a sunscreen regularly.
- Use non-comedogenic aquous gel-based skin care products.
- Exercise regularly and follow a healthy diet.
- Drink 2-3 litters of water daily.
- Keep your skin moisturised with water based products.
- Wash your face at least twice a day and always remove makeup before going to bed.
When should I see a Doctor?
When preventive skincare regime is not helping you, and you feel than open pores are making your skin look less appealing.
Why Should I choose Dr.Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic?
At our clinic, all the procedures areconducted by well-trained medical doctors under strict guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
For more information on open pores treatment or to inquire about other services please contact us on 7669571405
Book An Appointment
- Acne scarring
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Bacterial Infection
- Dry skin
- Drug rash
- Genital diseases & STDs
- Herpes simplex
- Head lice
- Hirsuitism (unwanted hair)
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Ichthyosis Vulgaris
- Insect bite reaction
- Lichen planus
- Moles (nevi)
- Molluscum Contagiosum
- Milia & skin cyst
- Nail diseases
- Open pores
- Pediatric dermatology
- Pityriasis Rosea
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- Skin tags
- Sweating (Hyperhydrosis)
- Varicose eczema
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Hair Transplant Surgeon
With more than a decade of experience including postgraduation from AIIMS & experience of SMS Hospital make,Dr. Sunil Kothiwala one of best dermatologist & cosmetologist in Jaipur. Renowned for delivering the highest level of quality care for patients in the fields of dermatology and cosmetology.