- More than 3.5 million men & women had cosmetic Botulinum injections in 2013
- Results typically last 3 to 6 months
- Patients can return to daily activities immediately after treatment
- In addition to wrinkles, Botulinum injectables can treat excessive sweating, neck bands & more
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a highly concentrated of platelets that has been harvested from the patient’s own blood by using the centrifugation technique. Platelets are cells present in blood and rich in different growth factors that help in tissue repair, growth of new cells and increasing blood flow. PRP is like nutrition to skin and hair and there is no side effects as PRP is made from your own blood.
When skin is treated with PRP, it promotes tissue regeneration and collagen growth. This leads to collagen remodelling, skin tightening, smoothing and brightening. It improves the skin tone and texture and refines pore size and gives an overall healthy and rejuvenated look.
When the scalp is treated with PRP, it enhances hair follicle function and improves hair density and quality and decreases hair fall.
Most of the time PRP therapy is combined with microneedling treatment to give you best results.
Uses of PRP therapy
PRP therapy for skin rejuvenation in Jaipur
- Acne scars
- Facial rejuvanetion
- Skin tightening
- Open pores
- Stretch marks
- Anti ageing
PRP therapy for hair fall
- Rapid hair fall
- Androgenetic alopecia
Dr Sunil Kothiwala, Dermatologist in Jaipur discuss all the factors with patient during detailed consultation. Patient selection for PRP therapy depends on following factors:
- Patient with above skin or hair concern
- Time of procedure: PRP therapy may take 1-1.5 hours so patient should have this much of time to stay in clinic
- Normal blood investigation : CBC, HIV, HbsAg, HCV, CT, BT
- Pre and Post procedure care: patient need to follow instruction sincerely to avoid side effects.
- Unrealistic expectation
- Any recent inflammation or infection at treatment area.
- Need of multiple sessions
Before PRP treatment
- Discussion with dermatologist about skin problem and treatment
- Pre procedure skin care – Regular use of sunscreen
- Routine blood investigation – CBC, HIV, HbsAg, HCV, CT, BT
- Good breakfast or meal before visit
- Visit clinic without make up
Day of PRP- What is the procedure of PRP therapy?
It starts with the application of topical anaesthetic on the skin to be treated. PRP therapy for hair fall doesn’t require numbness cream. Meanwhile, 25-30 ml your blood will be withdrawn for the preparation of PRP. Blood undergoes 2 step centrifusion to acheive highly concentrated PRP. It takes 30 to 45 minutes. Your skin/Hair will be treated with Dermapen which is used to induce microneedle injuries on your skin /scalp. Some of PRP solution is spilled with microneedling treatment. Then PRP is either injected into the treatment area with an insulin syringe or applied on treatment area and covered with mask. Serums and medication for skin and hair rejuvenation may be applied during and after the procedure.
Why Dr Kothiwala SkinEva Clinic is best skin clinic for PRP therapy in Jaipur?
- Detailed consultation with best dermatologist in Jaipur Dr Sunil Kothiwala
- PRP is prepared by Remi’s PRP PLUS most advanced centrifuse machine dedicated for PRP therapy which have inbuilt temperature control to protect platelet from temperature damage. Plus we recalibrate our machine periodically by doing case control platelet counts.
- We combine Microneedling and PRP therapy in all the patients that gives you benefit of two treatment modalities in one session. It makes our treatment most cost effective to patients.
- We use Original Dermapen for microneedling which is world’s best microneedling device known for most uniform and effective results.
After PRP Therapy
You may have mild redness and edema. Feeling of little bumps may be there because of PRP injections. Skin nourishing serum and sunscreen applied on treatment area. Redness and swelling resolve in 2-3 hours. You can wash your face with gentle cleanser. Sunscreen and other skin care prodcuts should be applied as dermatologist advised.
When can I see visible results of PRP therapy ?
Results are visible or feel by patient after first or second session only. Skin tightening or rejuvenation is first change reported by patient. As the treatment works on collagen rejuvenation and tissue recovery, it can take up to 6 weeks for complete improvement. Though results begin to show 3-4 weeks after the treatment and continue to improve with time. 2 -3 treatments are recommended in a gap of 1 month for optimum results, though depending on your lifestyle and condition of your skin and hair, you may require more sessions.
Are the results of PRP long lasting ?
With 3-4 treatments, along with medical therapy and a healthy lifestyle, results can last up to a year. Though maintenance treatments may be required in some cases.
Is the PRP treatment painful?
Treatment of skin through PRP is virtually painless as a topical anaesthetic is applied prior to the procedure. During the treatment of hair, you may feel slight pain and pricking sensation. Slight headache may be there for 4-6 hours which resolve on its own.
What about head wash after PRP therapy for hair fall?
There is no precaution for head wash after PRP therapy. You can follow your daily routine.
Are there any risks or side effects of PRP therapy?
Since PRP is made from your own blood, the possibility of side effects is virtually negligible.
For more information on PRP therapy Treatment in Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur or to inquire about other services please call at 7726938335.
Book An Appointment
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Hair Transplant Surgeon
With more than a decade of experience including postgraduation from AIIMS & experience of SMS Hospital make,Dr. Sunil Kothiwala one of best dermatologist & cosmetologist in Jaipur. Renowned for delivering the highest level of quality care for patients in the fields of dermatology and cosmetology.