Acne Scar Laser Treatment in Tonk
ACNE (Pimples): OVERVIEW
Acne is the medical term for pimples and it is the most common skin concern. It may develop once or more than once between age of 13-14 years to 30 years. Acne develops due to blockage of hair follicle opening by dead cells of skin and excess oil secretion by oil glands under hormonal influence.
What are the symptoms of Acne?
- Blackheads, whiteheads, red/yellow bumps, painful nodule or cysts.
- Itching & pain in acne, headache & fever due to acne.
- Red-brown spots on the skin: After acne heals, it usually leaves behind dark spots that may take some months to clear off.
- Post acne scars: Acne cysts and nodules which leave scars are common with people who have had acne. The scars tend to show after the acne has cleared.
- Low self-esteem and depression: Acne makes some people feel bad and can lead to low self-esteem and depression.
What are the types of acne?
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Blackheads (open plugged pores)
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
What are common sites of acne?
- Face – most common. Teenagers have acne specially in T zone of face (forehead, nose and sides of nose). Cheeks and forehead are commonly involved. Hormonal acne develops on lower face around jaw line.
- Back acne – shoulders and upper back commonly involved. Sometimes whole back may have acne.
- Chest & arms
ACNE & ACNE SCAR DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT IN Tonk
How Is Acne Diagnosed in Tonk?
Acne can be diagnosed by face assessment only. There are some other skin diseases which can look like acne so it is important to differentiate acne from other causes of acne form eruption. With the diagnosis, it is also equally important to assess severity of acne to decide nature and course of treatment. There are four grades of acne which can be assessed by dermatologist on basis of type of acne lesions.
What are grades of acne?
Severity of acne (grade 1-4) can be assessed by observing number of acne lesions.
Grade 1- Comedones (black heads, white heads), very few papules
Grade 3- comedones, papules, pustules, many nodules, few cysts
Grade 4- Nodulocystic acne
How is acne cured or removed at Dr Sunil Kothiwala’s Clinic in Tonk?
Yes, acne can be cured but there is no single treatment that can resolve acne completely. Acne removal treatment in Tonk involves a combination of Medical therapy (Topical and oral medications), Clean-ups, Chemical peeling, and scar treatment. Acne treatment in every patient is customized based on the severity of your condition, skin analysis, and history.
Topical medicines (Treatments that will be applied on the skin)
Acne removal creams are useful in grade I acne or in combination of other acne treatment in severe acne.
Anti Acne soaps & anti acne facewash
Treatments that work in the body: In grade 2, 3 or 4 acne any or combination of the following may be prescribed to you by your dermatologist:
- Oral antibiotics
- Oral retinoid
- Birth control pills and other hormonal drugs
Procedural Acne removal treatments in Tonk: Some procedures may be performed by your dermatologist when you visit to help you get rid of the acne. They are:
Professional Comedone extraction and clean-up: Clean up,involves the extraction of comedones by vacuum & suction and thorough cleaning of your skin. At our Tonk centre we give importance to professional extraction of blackhead and whiteheads by sterilized extractor tools because it helps in complete evacuation of content without causing infection and post procedure mark. After extraction of comedones new pimples decrease significantly and shorten the treatment duration. Our signature clean-ups are customized to soothe, pamper and heal skin without aggravation of acne. Clean-ups aim at reducing skin oils content, preventing dead cells from clogging the pores and finally killing bacteria to prevent further acne outbreaks. Traditional facials may aggravate acne. Instead opt for regular clean-ups which will leave your skin nourished, polished and glowing, healing acne at the same time.
Chemical peels for acne: There are two major indication of using peel in acne treatment. Peel helps in reducing inflammatory lesions little faster than conventional treatment and at later stage peels can be used for treating pigmented spots of acne. During a peel procedure, the peeling agent exfoliates the top layers of skin. This is extremely helpful in lightening the pigmentation which is caused by acne. Peeling hastens the skin cell turnover and prevents pores from clogging up helping to control sebum production thereby aiding in healing and drying of existing acne. Commonly used chemical peels for acne are salysylic acid peel, tca peels, glycolic acid peel, mandelic acid peel and black peel.
Laser for acne removal treatment in Tonk: This treatment used to reduce the acne-causing bacteria P. acnes and clear your acne. We use intense pulse light (IPL), Q switch nd:yag Laser (Alma Q) in micro pulse mode and blue light.
What about the acne scars treatment in Tonk?
Acne treatment is incomplete without dealing with the scars it leaves behind. Collagen induction is the best way to treat scars. We recommend CO2Pixel laser treatment combined with PRP treatment for rejuvenation of acne scars.
Course and Result of Acne Treatment
In grade 1 acne with help of comedone extraction and acne removal creamsgood results can be achieved in 4-6 weeks. Acne requiring oral retinoids takes 6-9 months for complete clearance. Dr Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic provides all anti acne treatments with best results under guidance of Dr Sunil Kothiwala, best acne specialist doctor in Tonk and follow up with Dr Sunil Kothiwala dermatologist can help in getting rid of acne without having to wait forever and you will no longer be suffering from dark spots, permanent scars and from being uncomfortable in your own skin.
At our clinic, Acne treatment is always conducted by well-trained medical doctors under strict guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. For more information on Acne Treatment in Tonk or to inquire about other services please contact us on 7726938335.
Book An Appointment
Acne Scar Laser Treatment in Tonk
- Permanent laser Hair Removal in Tonk
- Acne Scar Laser Treatment in Tonk
- Laser Facial Treatments in Tonk
- Alma Q Laser Tattoo Removal in Tonk
- Pigmentation Laser Treatment in Tonk
- Micro needling Treatment in Tonk
- Mesotherapy Treatment in Tonk
- PRP Therapy Treatment in Tonk
- Chemical Peel Treatment in Tonk
- Thread Lifting Treatment in Tonk
- Medical Spa Facial Services in Tonk
- HydraFacial Treatment in Tonk
- Photo Facial Treatment in Tonk
- Stretch marks Treatment in Tonk
- Skin Whitening Glutatheine Treatment in Tonk
- Pre-Bridal Spa Treatments in Tonk
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Hair Transplant Surgeon
With more than a decade of experience including postgraduation from AIIMS & experience of SMS Hospital make,Dr. Sunil Kothiwala one of best dermatologist & cosmetologist in Jaipur. Renowned for delivering the highest level of quality care for patients in the fields of dermatology and cosmetology.