- More than 3.5 million men & women had cosmetic Botulinum injections in 2013
- Results typically last 3 to 6 months
- Patients can return to daily activities immediately after treatment
- In addition to wrinkles, Botulinum injectables can treat excessive sweating, neck bands & more
Plasma pen treatment is a soft surgical procedure which uses diatomic molecular nitrogen and thermal stimulation to stimulate collagen production and improve the appearance of sagging skin , fine lines and wrinkles and hyperpigmentation.
What is Plasma Pen?
Plasma pen is an FDA approved device, used to induce collagen stimulation. It is non-invasive device used to for skin lifting, tightening and rejuvenation.
How does plasma pen treatment work?
As we age, we produce less collagen, our dermal layer becomes thin and we loose elasticity. This results in skin sagging and formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Plasma pen works on the principle of converting electrical energy to diatomic molecular oxygen and transfers this energized gas to epidermal layer of the skin. Simultaneously, thermal energy is transferred to deeper layers of skin, heating it and disrupting the dermal structure leading to collagen modulation. This technique is known as fibro blasting. Fibroblast are the cells present in connective tissue that produce collagen.
Which conditions does plasma pen treat?
Plasma pen is useful in following conditions:
- Fine lines and wrinkles (line around eyes, mouth, forehead lines, smile lines, necklines and smoke lines).
- Jowls or jawline tightening.
- Upper and lower eyelid bags
- Skin sagging
- Acne marks and scars
- Stretch marks
- Facial rejuvenation
- Moles and skin tags
- Various types of pigmentation like age spots, and freckles.
Who is the right candidate for plasms pen treatment?
If You have a skin which not very dark (Fitzpatrick skin type I-III), then you are a good candidate for this treatment. Darker skinned individuals are not suitable for this treatment.
What happens during the procedure?
A local anaesthetic cream will first be applied on the treatment area for 30-45 minutes before initiating the procedure. The procedure begins by cleaning the skin.Then, plasma pen is focused on the treatment area and passedover it to deliver plasma energy to your skin by this unique no touch technique.
Is the treatment painful?
It can be said that the treatment is moderately painful but is generally well tolerated.
What do I expect after the procedure?
Right after the session your skin may appear red and swelled up. It takes 7-10 days for your facial skin and 10-14 days for skin onother body areasto completely recover. Following can be expected:
- Swelling and redness on the day of treatment, which reaches the peak on day 3 and subsides after that.
- Post that scabbing is seen, which falls off around day 7.
How long does it take to see visible results?
Results of plasma pen are remarkable but cumulative. You will able to see progressive improvement after every session. Multiple sessions are required to achieve desired results.
What are the advantages of using plasma pen?
Following are the advantages of using plasma pen as compared to a cosmetic surgery:
- There is no requirement of injectable anaesthetic.
- There is no requirement of stiches.
- Your skin is neither cut nor abraded.
- There is no skin thinning following the procedure.
- There is no risk of overcorrection.
- It’s a low risk procedure and the possibility of adverse effects are minimum.
- The post procedure recovery period is short.
- The results are long lasting.
- It is a cost-effective procedure.
Are there any risks associated with the procedure?
No procedure comes without risks. Here the risks are as follows:
- Scabbing and crust formation.
- Skin discolouration
Why Should I choose Dr.Kothiwala’sSkinEva Clinic?
At our clinic, all the procedures areconducted by well-trained medical doctors under strict guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
For more information on Plasma Pen treatment or to inquire about other services please contact the front desk or visit drkothiwalaskineva.com
For more information on Plasma Pen or to inquire about other services please contact us on 7726938335.
Book An Appointment
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Hair Transplant Surgeon
With more than a decade of experience including postgraduation from AIIMS & experience of SMS Hospital make,Dr. Sunil Kothiwala one of best dermatologist & cosmetologist in Jaipur. Renowned for delivering the highest level of quality care for patients in the fields of dermatology and cosmetology.