Pixel Co2 Laser For Scars
CO2 LASER TREATMENT
- More than 3.5 million men & women had cosmetic Botulinum injections in 2013
- Results typically last 3 to 6 months
- Patients can return to daily activities immediately after treatment
- In addition to wrinkles, Botulinum injectables can treat excessive sweating, neck bands & more
CO2 Laser has been known to provide some of the most dramatic, age-defying results in the treatment of challenging skin imperfections including acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, photodamage, uneven skin toneskin laxity, traumatic scars, skin tags, and benign tumors. Dr. Kothiwala SkinEva Clinic uses world’s best CO2 laser in Jaipur that is Alma’s Pixel CO2 laser. Pixel CO2 laser is highly versatile and precise and promises excellent results while minimizing unnecessary tissue damage. The Pixel CO2 laser is used to resurface the skin on the face and body and is an optimal solution for reducing the appearance of scars. By penetrating the skin with thermal microchannels, scared tissue will be replaced by new collagen tissue during the healing process, without disturbing surrounding normal tissues.
How does CO2 Laser work?
The Pixel CO2 laser have two modes of action. Continuous and fractional. Continuous mode is also known as surgical mode that is useful for cutting or ablating skin lesions and outgrowths. It completely ablate the tissue that is required to remove lesion and followed by wound healing. Second mode is fractional CO2 which is more useful in aesthetic or cosmetic problems. As name suggest this mode deliver laser pulse in fractional pattern means leaving fraction of normal tissue in between. These fractionated laser beams penetrate the deeper layers of the skin and creat multiple microthermal zones (MTZ) in fractional pattern. The normal skin in treatment area helps in healing of MTZ tissue by pushing out the old damaged skin and replacing it with new skin. So fractional CO2 laser treatments have less down time & faster tissue healing than continuous CO2 laser treatments.
What are the uses of CO2 laser ?
Pixel CO2 provides a complete, minimally invasive solution for:
CO2 Laser for Scars
- Acne scars
- Post surgery scars
- Traumatic scars
- Post burn scars
- Hypertrophic Scars
- Stretch marks
CO2 Laser for Skin Rejuvenation
- Facial rejuvenation
- Loose skin
- Sun damaged skin
- Aged skin
- Open pores
- Skin tightening
CO2 laser for stretch marks
CO2 laser for Removal of skin lesion (surgical mode)
- Skin Tags
- Senile comedones
- Pyogenic granuloma
- Seborrheic keratosis
- Birth marks (nevi)
- Any raised non-inflammed skin outgrowth.
Patient selection for CO2 laser
Dr Sunil Kothiwala Dermatologist in Jaipur examine the skin and according to skin concern doctor suggest treatment options. Beside skin diease there are other factors which play role in selection of patient for CO2 laser. These patient selection factors are:
- Skin type- CO2 laser in dark skin (skin type IV and V) require lot of experience to conduct the treatment. Skin type VI are not suitable for CO2 laser treatment.
- Downtime- Minimum down time of CO2 laser for scars is 5-7 days and for skin resurfacing is 2-3 days. For 5-7 days treatment area have changes from redness to scab formation to fall of scab that may end with mild erythema. Patients in job where interaction with lot of people is required or students attending daily school or college should inform doctor about downtime. Down time for just skin rejuvenation is not a major issue as skin return to normal in 2-3 days.
- Post procedure skin care- Post CO2 laser instruction for skin care are very important to avoid slight chance of side effects.
- Priming time interval- First session of CO2 Laser require priming with sunscreen and skin lightening creams to avoid post procedure pigmentation changes. This is more important for scar treatment, dark skin patients and patients recently visited beaches.
- Interval between sessions- For scars time interval between two sessions is 2-3 months so patient should have that much time. For skin resurfacing time interval between two sessions is 1 month.
- Unrealistic expectation- Average improvement with laser treartment in scars is 50-60% in form of improvement of apperance of scars, elevation of scar, clerance of pigmentation at base of scars. So patient should understand this limitation that every patient cant have similar results.
Other contradictions for CO2 laser treatments
- Uncontrolled bleeding disorder – for surgical treatments by CO2 laser
- Infection neat the treatment site
- History of severe or recurrent herpes infection
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
What to do before starting the CO2 laser treatment
- Throughly discussion about your skin concern and laser treatment.
- Following priming protocol sincerely
- Visit the clinic without makeup
- Consent for treatment
On day of CO2 Laser treatment
Photograph of the treatment area will be taken. Your skin will be cleansed and disinfected, and a numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area. After 30-45 minutes, the numbing cream will be removed. Eyes will be covered with eye shields. The treatment takes about an hour for a full face and feels very little like a “pins and needles” sensation. The total time taken in the clinic is 1-1.5 hours.
Why Dr Kothiwala SkinEva is best for CO2 Laser treatments in Jaipur?
Dr Sunil Kothiwala is using world’s one of the best CO2 laser Alma’s Pixel CO2 extensively in many skin diseases since years in patients with skin type III, IV and V. He is expert in performing CO2 laser treatments and he has conducted workshops for junior doctors. He had delivered lectures in different cosmetology conferences at national level. For scars he perform laser treatment in multilayer technique and he has developed protocols for dark skin patients. Starting the laser from base of scar then addressing shoulders of scar and in the last whole scar area is treated. In the 4th step, to give you best and uniform results he cover full face that is like skin booster for full face.
What do I expect after the CO2 laser for scars?
Antiseptic ointment along with moisturizer will be applied to the treatment area. You may experience some pain/discomfort post treatment which typically resolves in 12-24 hours. Slight redness and mild swelling may occur in the treated area on day of treatment. Applying occlusive moisturiser (petrolatum jelly) 2-3 times is must. Sun protection is also required and should be started within 24 hours of treatment. From day 2-3 there is brown colored scab or crust formation will happen which darkens with time. From day 3 patient can use gentle cleansers.From day 5-7 this scab start falling on its own. Few patients may have mild redness after falling of crust which indicates presence of new superficial layer of skin.To avoid conversion of this redness to pigmentation laser-treated areas should be protected from the sun. Wear sunscreen prescribed by your doctor if you must go out in the sun.
What do I expect after CO2 laser skin rejuvantion?
Today’s patients want real lunchtime procedures. we achieve high patient satisfactionby performing a series of two to three laser sessions with specific protocols of low energy and low density spaced one month apart. The most of our patients return to work/activities three days postprocedure.Post procedure changes are almost similar to laser scar trearment but these changes take place very fast. Scab fall out in 2-3 days and there is almost no redness. Moisturiser and suncreen application is required.
What do I expect after mole or skin tag removal by CO2 Laser?
Removal of benign skin lesions will lead to a surperficial erosion that heal in 7-10 days without any complication. Depending on size and site of lesion oral or topical antibiotic is required. These treatments usually require only one session. Dr Kothiwala SkinEva Clinic give one review session complementary to give you best results with CO2 laser treatment for mole removal.
How many sessions will I need?
The number of sessions needed varies on the condition that was treated. For scar treatment, minimum 3-4 sessions may be required in a gap of 2-3 months. Sessions for skin Rejuvenation are placed a month apart and patient may need 2-3 sessions for best results.
When will I start to see results?
The laser energy heats the dermis tissue and starts a natural healing process that forms a new, healthy skin, which can reduce wrinkles, pore size, depression, scars, and improve rough skin texture. Pixel CO2 laser can be customized. Treatments can be deeper, with more healing and downtime, or shallower, with less healing time. Individual results may vary. In general, improvement is typically seen in second month of treatment although improvements may be seen sooner or delayed.
How long do the effects of a CO2 resurfacing last?
This depends on how well you protect your skin from the sun and other factors that cause aging like your general health, smoking, changes in weight, etc. If you apply sunscreen and follow a good skin care regime, you can maintain the effects of CO2 laser treatment for several years.
Can I go back to work and activities immediately after CO2 Resurfacing?
No, you may need to take the day off to ice and care for the treated area. For the lighter fractional CO2 treatments, you will need 3-5 days of downtime. For the deeper treatments, plan on 7-10 days of healing before you can go out in public.
Why Should I choose Dr.Kothiwala’s SkinEva Clinic for CO2 laser treatments at Vaishali Nagar Branch?
- World’s best CO2 Laser – Alma’s Pixel CO2
- Huge experience of doctor in dark skin patients
- International protocols for procedure.
- Assured results in least treatment sessions.
For more information on Pixel Co2 Laser Treatment For Scars in Vaishali Nagar & Sitabadi Tonk Road, Jaipur Branches or to inquire about other services please contact the front desk or call 7726938335
Book An Appointment
Dr. Sunil Kothiwala
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Hair Transplant Surgeon
With more than a decade of experience including postgraduation from AIIMS & experience of SMS Hospital make,Dr. Sunil Kothiwala one of best dermatologist & cosmetologist in Jaipur. Renowned for delivering the highest level of quality care for patients in the fields of dermatology and cosmetology.